Jump to navigation Jump to search
A class of illegal lujvo. *tosmabru looks like tos+mabru but in fact is to sma+bru. Lujvo of this form can be built as tosymabru.
A test for correctness that all lujvo must pass. The word *tosmabru fails the test: it falls apart into to smabru. To fix this, a y hyphen is inserted, leading to the morphologically correct lujvo tosymabru.
Conditions for not being a tosmabru word:
- the fourth letter not being a y
- the word's length in letters being more than five,
- the word's length in letters being congruent to two modulo three (two plus a multiple of three)
- the entire portion of the word after the second letter consisting of consonant-consonant-vowel affixes (which consist of an initial consonant pair and a following vowel that is not a y).
However, it should check for the second condition and either the set of the remaining conditions or similar conditions, those being:
- the fifth letter not being a y
- the word's length in letters being divisible by three
- the entire portion of the word after the third letter consisting of consonant-consonant-vowel affixes.
For example, consider tosymabru. That the fourth letter is a "Y" reveals that it passes the tosmabru test.
if is_initial_consonant_pair(word[:2]) == False \ or len(word) > 5 and (word != "y" and len(word) % 3 == 2 and all([is_initial_consonant_pair(word[cluster:cluster + 2]) and is_regular_vowel(word[cluster + 2]) \ or cluster in range(2, len(word), 3)]) \ or word != "y" and len(word) % 3 == 0 and all([is_initial_consonant_pair(word[cluster:cluster + 2]) and is_regular_vowel(word[cluster + 2]) for cluster in range(3, len(word), 3)])): return 
Full details are available in CLL.