Lojban For Beginners, The Book
Teaches Standard Lojban also described in CLL.
A book published in 2002 by Robin Turner and Nick Nicholas.
- from Nick Nicholas' website
- pdf file
- epub file (convertible to Kindle format using Calibre)
- a Windows Phone/Windows 8 app
There are fifteen lessons involved, intended to cover enough of the basics of Lojban that one can read most Lojban one is likely to encounter orally or on-line.
The lessons are basically complete, and have been reviewed extensively; things remaining to be done include:
- (Possibly) inserting reading material for the later lessons.
- Introduce IPA pronunciation guides in a note to Chapter 1, and 'major language' alternatives in the pronunciation guide proper now. Scott Weller has proposed the 6 languages of the gismu etymologies (this has already been done for the Level 0 Booklet, as requested by Olivier Nisole).
The textbook is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.