selbri for causality
- krinu indicates causality by reason/justification/explanation.
- nibli indicates causality by logical implication.
- mukti indicates causality by motivation/incentive.
- rinka indicates causality by physical cause.
- se jalge indicates causality of nonspecific type.
Many translations of the English if actually correspond to these relationships. However, you have to use the causal gismu as the main selbri and not use the tags ki'u, mu'i, etc., since then you would end up claiming one of arguments, when all you want to claim is the causal relationship. da'i can be used to avoid such claiming. And if you use such prepositions as selbri, you can even use them to express counterfactual causality (as opposed to mu'ei which indicates correlation).