Jump to navigation Jump to search
Failed to load RSS feed from http://jbotcan.org/hub/rss.xml: Error parsing XML for RSS
Welcome to Lojban's wiki
Lojban is a very carefully constructed spoken language designed in the hope of removing a large portion of the ambiguity from human communication. It was made well-known by a Scientific American article and references in fiction Lojban has been built over five decades by dozens of workers and hundreds of supporters.
Lojban has a number of features which make it unique:
- Lojban is designed to be used by people in communication with each other, and possibly in the future with computers.
- Lojban is designed to be culturally neutral.
- Lojban has an unambiguous grammar, which is based on the principles of logic.
- Lojban has phonetic spelling, and unambiguous resolution of sounds into words.
- Lojban is simple compared to natural languages; it is easy to learn.
- Lojban's 1300 root words can be easily combined to form a vocabulary of millions of words.
- Lojban is regular; the rules of the language are without exception.
- Lojban attempts to remove restrictions on creative and clear thought and communication.
- Lojban has a variety of uses, ranging from the creative to the scientific, from the theoretical to the practical.
Interested? See and hear an example of spoken Lojban. You can also see this page written in Lojban.
Learn Lojban now or read the introductory brochure for a more detailed description of Lojban.
- <languages />
felmasti 15 2012
coi cnino .uitki .i .u'i