|(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
My guess is that this is my space on this wiki and i hope to write something smart here someday for anyone curious enough to venture here.
Välkommen till lojbanwikin!
Join our live chat (all linked by chat bridge bots):
Vad är lojban?
Beauty in the artifice
: an introduction to Lojban by Ewa
Lojban is a carefully constructed spoken language. It has been built for over 50 years by dozens of workers and hundreds of supporters.
- Lojban's grammar is based on simple rules, and its linguistic features are inspired by predicate logic.
- Lojban allows the expression of nuances in emotion using words called attitudinals, which are like spoken emoticons. ue marks that you're surprised; ba'u marks that you're exaggerating.
- You can be as vague or detailed as you like when speaking lojban. For example, specifying tense (past, present or future) or number (singular or plural) is optional when they're clear from context.
- Lojban is machine parsable, so the syntactic structure and validity of a sentence is unambiguous, and can be analyzed using computer tools.
- There is a live community of speakers expanding the lojban vocabulary day by day.
Lojban means different things to different people
- a linguistic curiosity - a test-bed for language experimentation
- a challenging way to expand their minds or discipline their thoughts
- a new perspective on languages
- an entertaining medium to communicate with friends or create art
- a domain for exploring the intersection of human language and software
What will lojban mean for you?
The Complete Lojban Language
'The Complete Lojban Language' book is an official publication by The Logical Language Group and is available in several formats:
This book will help those who already understand some lojban. It's the most complete reference of lojban language by far. It does not, however, teach vocabulary, style, colloquial language or other possible variations of the language.
This reform was approved by the Logical Language Group in 2003.
Unofficial methods to learn lojban
These are learning resources that are made by people speaking lojban and that represent personal views of those authors:
||la karda, a rapid-fire overview of the grammar in small pieces
||la camxes is an automatic grammar checker of Lojban utterances. It can help you to understand the structure and correctness of sentences.
Provides hover translations of both sentences/phrases and words they contain.
|try searching for arbitrary words in
the database of sentences
Some of the sentences are not proofread by fluent speakers of Lojban.
|Join the chat
and try talking to other Lojbanists when they appear there. Try asking them questions.
«Lessons in Lojban» by Dustin Lacewell
Also check out:
«ro lo ma'a datka» and other Lojban songs by la guskant
«bripre jikca», a community literary vlog
Lojban is spoken by a vibrant community, producing literature, music, and art, and discussing questions about language and thought. The web comic xkcd said that, if you spoke Lojban, you'd have to speak with Lojbanists. That may not be such a bad thing!
Instant messaging (text chat)
Connecting to the chat
Use any of the following messengers (your and others' messages will be available in all of them no matter from which messenger you are sending your questions).
Answers from members of the community will arrive soon.
Using this method you will be able to read the history of the chat since the beginning of 2016.
- Install the free Telegram messenger on your Apple, Android or your desktop device
- join main Lojban chat groups by following these links:
- Ask questions on Lojban in ckule group, talk in or about Lojban in Lojban group and talk only in Lojban in jbosnu group.
The chat is also connected to a Discord server.
- Ask questions on Lojban in #ckule channel, talk in or about Lojban in #lojban channel and talk only in Lojban in #jbosnu channel.
- Freely chat about anything to like-minded Lojbanists in the #jboselbau channel.
You may alternately try other methods of connecting.
Lojban has a presence on many of the most popular web sites: Facebook, Reddit, Quora.
The lojban-beginners mailing list is for questions about learning and understanding Lojban. You can subscribe to the list by sending a question to email@example.com.
The general-purpose lojban mailing list, which covers anything else related to Lojban, was founded in 1989, and has about 500 subscribers. You can subscribe to it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Esperanto
- Try your hand at translating into Lojban, or write your own original texts: Poetry, prose, blogs, tweets, etc.
- Continue learning vocabulary using memorization software.
- Help expand the dictionary by translating Lojban words into other languages, or coin new compound words and add them.
This web site is dedicated to documenting Lojban and the activities of the Lojban-using community, and also serves as the official web site of the Logical Language Group
(LLG), a non-profit organization founded in 1987 to promote the scientific study of the relationships between language, thought and human culture.